Buying or selling a business could very well be the biggest decision of your life. The process typically takes significantly longer than the parties expect, and there are a multitude of complexities of which they are unaware.
We are able to help you throughout the entire process of buying or selling a business, including:
• For a buyer, helping identify an ideal vendor business which is a strategic fit with your business
• For a seller, finding an ideal purchaser with a proper valuation of your business and who is keen to get a deal done on fair terms
• Negotiating the terms of the deal including drafting or reviewing the sale agreement and any ancillary documents such as releases, escrow agreements and so on
• Overseeing the due diligence process including examining business assets and liabilities, IP rights material contracts, employee liabilities and so on
• Attending to post-completion matters such as earn-out payments, and bringing and defending warranty claims